Fest returns June 16-18, 2023!
Davis Music Festival (DMF) is a three day multi-venue multi-genre live music event showcasing local, regional and touring artists – all to benefit local arts nonprofits. It’s like our own version of SXSW in a single weekend, and for a great cause! This event is all ages. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The festival takes place rain or shine (though we probably will never have to worry about rain on a June day in Davis, CA). Tickets are non-refundable. Lineup and daily schedules are subject to change. Artist cancellation is not grounds for refund. Children 12 and under will be admitted for free with a ticketed adult. DMF is a production of the Davis Live Music Collective and is presented with the generous support of our sponsors, members, individual producers and community partners.
Letter from the Director
Davis Music Fest is a celebration of community and live music. Our goal is to bring people together and get summer started right with great bands, a drink or two, and most importantly friends old and new. This year is bittersweet for me and the rest of the DMF team because we are missing our friend and collaborator Matthew Blake. Matt died unexpectedly in February, and we are still learning the depth and breadth of his impact. Matt was our board president, hospitality organizer and host, and paperwork wrangler, but his contributions defied labels. He had real love for this town, its people, and the community we are creating around live music, and he shared that love without ego or hesitation. Over the last few months of planning I’ve found myself asking not What Would Matt Do? But How Would Matt Do This? The answer is easy: with humor whenever possible, with gravitas when necessary, and with the event and everyone else, especially guests and musicians, in mind before him- self. While I’d rather stand with my arm around the guy and take in the closing acts on Sunday, I will stand with all of you humbled by his legacy and proud to dedicate this year’s event to his memory and to his family. Thanks Matt, we love and miss you.
This year we’ve added a few new things like KDRT 95.7 FM who will be broadcasting a live revival of Listening Lyrics featuring performances and interviews with an outstanding roster of songwriters at Armadillo Music on Saturday. We’re also adding a psychedelic flair this year with a Mad Alchemy Liquid Light Show accompanying performers all day Saturday at Odd Fellows Hall, appropriately sponsored by our friends at the F Street Dispensary.
DMF is a labor of love for the all-volunteer Davis Live Music Collective with generous support from local venues, sponsors, producers, and performers. This includes every- one who buys a ticket, t-shirt, or beer. THANK YOU!
DMF is about bringing people together, and I can’t wait to see y’all there! And if you have a good time, send a little thanks Matt’s way. I’m pretty sure he’s listening.
Kyle Monhollen, Executive Director Davis Music Fest / Davis Live Music Collective
F A Q s
- DMF started in 2011 and is a fundraiser for arts and music education in Davis public schools.
- This year’s Fest features 41 bands across a wide range of genres performing on 9 stages over 3 days.
- Digital or physical tickets must be exchanged for an event wristband before entering any venue.
- Wristbands provide entry to all venues all weekend.
- All guests must present proof of purchase at the ticket booth Friday at Sudwerk, in front of Armadillo Music on Saturday, or Delta of Venus on Saturday and Sunday.
- Children 12 and under do not require a ticket.
- Advanced tickets are $40 + fees online and at Armadillo Music.
- Ticket prices will increase to $50 starting Friday, June 16.
- A limited number of $20 single day passes will be available for purchase on site, Friday and Sunday only.
- Full weekend passes are required for all venues Saturday.
- No single venue entry tickets will be sold Saturday, June 17.
- DMF merch will be available at Sudwerk and Delta of Venus.
- Artist merch, when available, will be at that band’s stage.
- Parking is limited. Consider biking or walking.
- Timed parking enforcement will be suspended by the City of Davis Saturday, 6/17 (no need to re-park)
- On Friday you can park on 2nd Street or the DMV.
- No outside alcohol is permitted at any venue.
- DMF is run entirely by volunteers, be patient and say thanks!
- All performers and audio / lighting technicians are paid professionals. This is how they make a living and we are proud to support them.
- Follow the event on social media @davismusicfest. l Contact email@example.com with questions.
DMF is supported, in part, by a Sacramento Foundation Arts & Culture Grant and the City of Davis.